How To Create PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
I need to use the font SouvenirStd-Demi, -Light, -DemiItalic to create a PDF. Where can I find these fonts legally?
There are really two different questions in there. First, “What could happen” and second, “what is likely to happen.” As to the first question, you’d be liable for whatever real or statutory damages the copyright holder would be entitled to. It’s usually one or the other because courts are reluctant to impose both, but it’s possible. If the font was used on a website or something, you’d get a take-down order and be required to either license the use of that font or stop using it. Hard-copy stuff is a bit more difficult to remedy and that’s where real or statutory damages come into play. If you have been redistributing it, then you’ve potentially got some criminal liability in addition to the civil stuff. As for the second question, probably nothing. It really comes down to whether anyone wants to spend the money to pursue the matter. Litigation isn’t cheap and while the copyright holder might be able to recover those costs, it’s not a sure thing. Plus there is the problem of having a judgement against a defendant who doesn’t have two nickels to rub together. It’s great on paper, but you’re still out the costs because their attorney will usually get paid up front. On the criminal front, a zealous prosecutor might be willing to invest a bit of effort since t get paid whether t win or lose. Most wouldn’t bother unless it were clearly an open and shut case and there was something more than just unauthorized use of a font involved. But there are a few “we need more law and order” kind of folks out there, so you pays your money (or not since we’re talking “illegally” here) and you takes your chances.
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Create PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Create PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Create PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Create PDF: All You Need to Know
But what if the font is free, open source and available on the Internet? Well then, technically it falls under the fair use umbrella.